And the winner is … Wolfmother!

February 12, 2007 by

Wolfmother Grammy Award

Wolfmother yesterday took a giant step towards being an established, well known and well loved band. They won the Grammy award for Best Hard Rock Performance for Woman, up against Nine Inch Nails, System of a Down, Tool and Buckcherry.

When I announced that they had the nomination, I looked at the other nominees and thought they stood little chance. That’ll teach me to have some faith!

Conrgatulations, boys! Hope you enjoyed your night and got to Amsterdam in time for your next gig!

Comments

8 Responses to “And the winner is … Wolfmother!”

1. Kevin Cardoni on February 22nd, 2007 2:34 pm

I have been a huge wolfmother fan ever since I saw them on Letterman last year. I would just like to say congratulations on the grammy and I hope your next album kicks as much ass as your last one did.

2. Kelli Flanagan on February 26th, 2007 10:17 pm

Hell yeah. A well deserved award. It’s too bad about the International Breakthrough Act award. But you cant win em all, eh?

3. A0K on March 19th, 2007 5:58 am

I seriously love Wolfmother. Everyday when I wake from my bed, I turn on my CD and just feel happy.

4. A0K on March 19th, 2007 6:05 am

I’m back. I forgot one thing. I love every single song created by Wolfmother. I hear it again and again and again …

5. shaun luke on March 29th, 2007 3:28 pm

ya’ll rock

6. balla j on April 1st, 2007 11:22 pm

all a grammy does is make them even more awesome the are currently the most rockinest band ;)

7. Still no sign of the Grammy on July 5th, 2007 10:53 am

[…] Still no sign of the GrammyWolfmother forums …Pleased to Meet You lyricsWolfmother bags Jack AwardRumours of a new guitarist!Vote for Wolfmother! Australia’s MTV Video Music Awards.Pleased to meet you …Wolfmother song in Spiderman 3 soundtrack?And the winner is … not Wolfmother!And the winner is … Wolfmother! […]

8. Kieran on July 8th, 2007 12:12 pm

I thought System of a Down would of won it, and I thought they should of too, but Wolfmother is a good band, and they could have it.