Secret song unearthed!

May 2, 2008 by

So about a month ago, a forum member (turdface) noticed on a site maintained by another forum member (Screwball) this track listing from December 2004:

2004/12/19 The Metro, Sydney, Australia Apple Tree
# Pyramid
# White Unicorn
# Love Train
# Midnight Lover
# Woman
# Colossal
# Joker & The Thief
# Dimension
# Minds Eye

Midnight Lover? What the? Exactly. No one had ever heard of a song called Midnight Lover by Wolfmother. So the search commenced, and finally Screwball tracked down someone that had a recording of the song. Long story short, we finally found out today, less than a couple of hours ago, that this is indeed a track that no one knew about! (well, apart from the attendees of the gig I suppose).

You can download the track here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2PYZ4SEA

Now listening to the track, I can’t say it’s one of their best. Okay, I admit, I think it kinda sucks and I can see instantly why they never played it again.

But still, it’s a secret-never-released-played-one-time-only track, which gets me excited at least! How about you?

Comments

10 Responses to “Secret song unearthed!”

1. WF on May 6th, 2008 8:46 am

i could not find the song, even with the link. if any1 can help please let me know.

cheers

2. Chuck on May 6th, 2008 9:22 pm

Same as WF…I can’t get the song! could anyone put the song somewhere else. I’m interested put I don’t want to create an account to log-on on that site.

3. chimaera on May 7th, 2008 11:19 am

You should be able to get it, but perhaps the Megaupload site is confusing.

Simply enter the three letter code towards the top right of the screen, as shown in the picture here:

Wait 45 seconds and you should be able to click Download, without creating an account.

4. Chuck on May 8th, 2008 9:09 pm

The song’s good. Actually, everything Wolfmother does is good. They could of recorded that song though…I still can’t wait for the next album…I’m hoping for a summer release…why not?

5. piriod on May 9th, 2008 12:26 pm

Then i guess youll have to wait until summer 2012… why does it take so long? :(

6. 'Varg of Sweden on May 9th, 2008 9:28 pm

I thought the track was pretty good. But I can see why some don’t like it at all.

Sheers from Sweden! (:

7. Henza on May 10th, 2008 12:51 am

yeah it was alright i can see why they didnt put that song on but anyway the crowded seemed to enjoy it..

8. Nick on May 19th, 2008 7:41 pm

Ehhhhhhhhh it is good but i would not have put it on the album eathere.I would have put on there early work earthsrotation arount the sun ECT.

9. Wolfmother competition #1 on June 2nd, 2008 9:49 pm

[…] Wolfmother competition #1Secret song unearthed!New gig, San Diego, Jul 27; recent interview, no album newsThe Warhol gig setlistAnother gig date – Darwin May 24Excitement! New songs!!Another gig date announcedFinally some news! Tour date!!Happy Birthday me!Breaking: Wolfmother to split! […]

10. Lance on June 16th, 2018 10:33 am

Please upload a new link to this song, when I click on it, I don’t even get to the website!