Petition response

July 19, 2008 by

Thank you all so much for signing the petition! 196 signees at the time I closed it.

Well I am here to tell you I did receive a response from the band’s management. I’m not going to say anything more about it for now because I can’t figure out what to say.

Please rest assured that the lack of information about the new album isn’t because plans are being kept secret, it’s because plans have not yet been confirmed.

The band has not yet commenced actual recording although, as previously announced, they have done demo sessions. As you can hopefully appreciate, given that creative processes like writing and recording can often take longer than planned, it would not be fair to the fans or the band to suggest a release date before the album is actually close to completion.

Please rest assured that as soon as recording commences it would be posted on the band’s website and fans would be updated regularly as the recording unfolds.

Comments

35 Responses to “Petition response”

1. COTW on July 19th, 2008 10:59 am

fuck is that for real? not commenced actual recording????

2. jimmi on July 19th, 2008 11:29 am

maybe they haven’t got the funding? maybe they don’t want to record? MAYBE THERE IS NO WOLFMOTHER ANYMORE.. THE RUMOURS ARE TRUE.. MYLES WON’T SIGN!

3. Gudmund on July 19th, 2008 11:58 am

Don’t say that :'(

4. drbob222 on July 19th, 2008 12:56 pm

wtf?! you mean to tell us that after over a year and a half of planning to make an album it hasn’t even started being made?

5. Piriod on July 19th, 2008 1:21 pm

I’m not mad.
    I’m dissapointed.

This is not good.
    At all.

6. Pat on July 19th, 2008 4:28 pm

Hmm. And to think Modular told me they were finishing their second album when I e-mailed them. What a dissapointment.

7. COTW on July 19th, 2008 4:44 pm

they stop touring after last july and haven’t played another gig until last month, they practically haven’t been a band at all for almost an entire year,

its taken that long just to write 10 new songs? I wrote 10 songs last month!

8. Rachel on July 19th, 2008 4:59 pm

Yeh COTW and I’m sure your songs were album worthy.

I know everyone is pissed, but just hold onto your hats. Waiting sucks, yeah, but at least we have news, and we can stop anticipating a release date.

They need the second album to be good.
    And I’m sorry for the poor people in Australia who have had to listen to the same 13-or-whatever tracks for 4 years, but just… whatever.

9. Rookie on July 19th, 2008 7:11 pm

Wow, I really thought they’d be further along by now. When you’re a band, you probably want to start your second album just after the first one is released, but I guess that isn’t true for Wolfmother. I just hope that this album is worth the wait.

10. Lee on July 19th, 2008 11:18 pm

Pardon my french, but FUUUUUUUUUUCCCKKK!

That really sucks

11. dragoncore on July 20th, 2008 12:08 am

Oh fuck this!

12. Michael91701- the dutch man on July 20th, 2008 3:38 am

*points gun at head* OMG I’ll do it! I swear I’ll do it!!

13. wolfrustrated on July 20th, 2008 4:29 am

wtf have they been doing all this time??????

14. Silky on July 20th, 2008 4:45 am

good things come to those who wait…

patience is a virtue :)

15. Waiting on July 20th, 2008 5:06 am

shitballs man. what happened to “it could be finished by christmas”

and they should be a band still. theyve still got 3 gigs or whatever

16. Colossal_stock on July 20th, 2008 6:00 am

This is absolute bullshit i cant believe it. What a fuckin disgrace

17. Spencer on July 20th, 2008 7:59 am

ahh, well i hope they have a few albums worth of material… that would be good

18. Frank on July 20th, 2008 9:55 am

man…theyv been by far my favourite band since 04…as a fan i feel totally betrayed..so much misinformationand bullshit….why are they touring again if they havent even started the final record?…get the fuck off the road and get back in the studio wolfmother

so dissapointed

19. Sam on July 20th, 2008 10:01 am

Beck releases an album every year

theyve had FOUR YEARS since they wrote the first album
    word to the wise wolfmother, hurry up before you become irrelivant and piss off all your fans

20. Gana on July 20th, 2008 2:56 pm

Just be patient

21. Chris N on July 20th, 2008 5:23 pm

I don’t have a problem being patient, but that really is a kick in the teeth for all their fans. Don’t get me wrong I love their first album, but there’s only so much you can be thrilled by 13 songs and having had it 2 years now (and God knows there are people who have had it quite a bit longer) it’s natural to start wanting a bit of new material, particularly when articles beginning about a year and a half ago are setting you up for it!

22. jimmi p2 on July 20th, 2008 7:19 pm

the subways-
    debut: 2006
    the pigeon detectives-
    debut:2007
    the kooks
    debut: 2006
    the fratellis
    debut: 2006
    the killers
    debut: 2004
    follow up: 2006 (also release b-sides in 2007 and are FINISHING their 3rd album this year!)
    arctic monkeys
    debut: 2006
    follow up: 2007 (3rd album also being completed!)
    the feeling
    debut: 2006
    the white stripes:
    debut:1999
    led zeppelin
    debut: 1969
    wolfmother
    debut: 2005/6

23. The Vegabond on July 20th, 2008 11:20 pm

I’m glad to hear the petition worked! I still love listening to their album! Rock on Wolfmother! I don’t mind waiting for greatness.

24. The Vegabond on July 20th, 2008 11:23 pm

If you need some new Wolfmother, check out their videos on YouTube from their Andy Warhol show. Monoloith is beastly!

25. The Dude With The Flute on July 21st, 2008 12:04 am

I dont want to say i told you so, but, I TOLD YOU SO!!

and im sure all this pressure is going to make the album come out sooner AND make the songs waaaaaaaay better.

26. Varg of Sweden on July 21st, 2008 5:25 pm

After rain comes sunshine (;

27. where wolf??!!?!?!?!?!?!/! on July 22nd, 2008 7:18 am

cmon wolfmother! all the big bands are releasing their followups THIS year! oasis, coldplay, living end, greenday, kooks, the vines,muse,killers, fratellis and more!

i just hope they release it before th arias……i guess i’ll have to keep dreamin..

also, is dave sardy still the producer?

28. COTW on July 22nd, 2008 3:22 pm

My songs are worthy of any album released in texas

29. Charles on July 22nd, 2008 5:36 pm

Everyone wants the album to go out fast because we all know its going to be magically beutiful.
    But guys, while you are waiting for the album you might want to take a look at other Legendary bands.
    Take a look at Led Zeppelin and Radiohead discographies. By the time you listen to there wonderful albums 30 times the wait will be over!

Peace

30. Marcus on July 25th, 2008 1:43 am

If anybody knows anything at all about Wolfmother’s origins, you’ll know that they were a band for 4 years before they even released their first EP followed by the album. Tha’s 4 years it took them to write greatness, and god damnit, this 4 years has got to provide equally great if not GREATER material. 4 years works for these guys, so give them the benefit of the doubt.

31. thatvfvodiadi on July 25th, 2008 1:43 am

Calm and clear Waters yield the best reflections of the infinity of beauty that lies above, like the stars and heavens or whatever you believe. all this means is, Wolfmother are the paragons for the potential of rock music itself today, for me at least, and i say like anyone who feels like doing something, let them. there is a reason. wear your impatience on the inside, and support this wonderful band:)

32. wolfranco on July 25th, 2008 4:45 am

i’ve been away for a while and i come back to this news!! :(

That fuckin sucks. 4 years and still waitin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i rather an album come out in a years time then the band breakin up.

33. fuck on July 26th, 2008 8:50 am

FUCKING HELL. HURRY THE FUCKING FUCK UP WITH THE FUCKING ALBUM

34. Brian R on July 27th, 2008 4:24 am

I was impatient because I believed that they were supposed to have recorded in January, or sometime earlier this year. If they haven’t recorded, I am ok waiting if they are still working on the new material. They can take all the time they need to make it perfect. That said, I hope they are done soon!

35. ... on April 7th, 2012 6:20 am