Phase II cometh

August 22, 2008 by

Not major news, but the official Wolfmother site and their MySpace site have both updated today with a new look and the phrase “phase II cometh”.

I like the image on the main site, actually. Not so keen on the tiled one on MySpace. The only new text on the MySpace site is “Wolfmother in transitional phase, let the good times roll!”. Indeed, let’s get them rolling and get some news to us fans!

Comments

16 Responses to “Phase II cometh”

1. auspicepresider on August 23rd, 2008 12:49 am

First Comment!
    Im expressley happy on the eve of this arriving of the first sign of the next chapter in the story of wolfmother. For the band thats been so pivotal for many people, and for myself for all the great experiences theyve caused me, a give you..my deepest and truest thanks. Wolfmother know no complacency, and it is reflected in their music, and Andrews mystifying to us ways of creation. for its fair across the board to say, that as singular entitys, its impossible that we will ever know one another fully, and that we are all completley unique creations with completley unique thoughts, even hough it may seem our thoughts have the same emotional charge. this universality and intangiblity is what has brought wolmother to a plane all its own for me on the sonic soundscape of our existence.
    purley put, i await the second coming: the heart of the wolf beats on and will forever more, the mark made on this world that has been wanting for eternity. and wolfmother, in peace with the world as it is, will delight us with whispered mantras dee[ from twixt cavern walls in undiscovered lands, and will sound ever on in our minds…in our minds…

2. auspicepresider on August 23rd, 2008 12:51 am

a tad lyrical and admittedly lame with spelling errors, but its from the heart:)

3. frank on August 23rd, 2008 1:16 am

glad to see theyre marketing the change as a positive…i just hope that website place holder isntthere for the next year

4. Rookie on August 23rd, 2008 4:09 am

well, at least they’re gettin’ something done.

5. auspicepresider on August 23rd, 2008 6:16 am

and I hope they remain in good spirits with eachother regardless of separate musical projects…lets not have another DeLonge -Hoppus + Barker Fiasco, thats just immature…

6. auspicepresider on August 23rd, 2008 9:15 am

Guys! I Went to Modulars Site! wolfmothers new record is slated for a February 09 Release!
    the site has this posted in the form of a faux news article: WOLFMOTHER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE WOLFMOTHER! (as in the queen is dead! long live the king)
    It’s a sad but hopeful day for Modular as we announce of founding mem-bers Chris Ross and Myles Heskett from the mighty Wolfmother.
    Bass and organist Ross & drummer Heskett will continue
    working together as a pair focusing their energies
    on material for an exciting new project. We haven’t
    heard anything yet but are sure it will be great knowing
    the musical capacities of the pair.’

‘Singer/guitarist andrew stockdale will carry on Wolfmother
    and has our full support as we now embark on Wolfmother-
    Phase II. Stockdale has been developing new material and will continue
    working with producer Dave Sardy (producer of the debut
    self-titled LP) in LA. Dave is very excited about Andrew’s new
    demos and is thrilled to be working on the new album.
    They are scheduled to commence recording in September
    for a February 09 release.’

Im loinswettingly excited, folks:)

7. auspicepresider on August 23rd, 2008 9:16 am

thats the link, sorry for my spelling errors before, and sorry for so many posts too:)

8. auspicepresider on August 23rd, 2008 10:00 am

…wouldnt it be greate if say the members of Tool would be permissive and justifiedly willing enough toward the idea to form up with andrew, i dont know actually because its not polite to consider a band dormant unless it cross checks with what theyr actually doing, which i think is…um, i dunno its their lives, but yeah? where was i going with that? lol

9. Tommy on August 23rd, 2008 1:33 pm

i think the new wolfmother album will be great and i dont like the idea of wolfmother and tool but i do like their website layout and the myspace one to i just hope they keep there classic rock routs in the mix but from what i heard on the andy worhal songs they did so im a happy fan..

10. auspicepresider on August 23rd, 2008 3:39 pm

oh yeah, i agree actually…and Monolith! its my new dream mantra, just so narrative man…i mean you can just imagine that lizard on the rocks from the Sea Witch Frazetta cover like stalking around n stuff…or like in fantasia with the dinosaurs…

11. Andre on August 23rd, 2008 6:03 pm

Wow, they really like pyramids lol…

Anyway I am extremely glad things are moving swiftly along, and look forward to checking out the new musicians brought in!

Long live the Wolf.

12. Silky on August 24th, 2008 7:24 am

im keen for february

13. Andre on August 29th, 2008 7:37 pm

Also, when you search for Wolfmother in Google, the result is as follows:

Wolfmother
    The Official Wolfmother Band Site: Wolfmother is spreading the word of escapist explorations in rock to the world.
    http://www.wolfmother.com/ – 3k – Cached – Similar pages

Now I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but that caption “Wolfmother is spreading…” is also new. Not significant, but new nonetheless!

14. chimaera on August 29th, 2008 8:09 pm

Andre, I noticed that myself yesterday – interesting! But not significant … haha.

15. how much is yours worth? on June 4th, 2016 4:50 pm

Hello to every body, it’s my first visit of this weblog; this blog consists of amazing and actually fine data in favor of visitors.

16. ?????? on July 10th, 2016 1:58 pm

My coder is trying to persuade me to move to .net from
    PHP. I have always disliked the iea because of the costs.

But he’s tryiong none the less. I’ve been sing Movable-type on several websites for about a year and am anxious about switching to another platform.
    I hsve heard gokd things about blogengine.net.
    Is there a way I can transfer all my wordpress poszts into it?
    Any kind of help would be really appreciated!