New members, new songs, new Wolfmother!

February 7, 2009 by

News of last night’s gig is still fairly sketchy, but we do already have pics and a brief video of the show! And the news is, three new members! The pics are fairly bad quality but it looks like Dave Atkins was indeed on drums, a solo guitarist and a ‘Chris Ross’ – guitarist with organ/keyboard.

Click the pics for bigger.

White Feather gig

White Feather aka Wolfmother

There is also a video clip of a new song called Pilgrim, again pretty bad quality but check it out anyway.

[Update], thanks to Cameron via the comments below, here’s a better video of Pilgrim:

The bigger question for me is, what the hell is going on with Andrew’s hair? It looks like he needs some backcombing to get the afro back and away from the ‘Hurley’ look.

What’s lacking are any reviews! Come on guys and gals, I know some of you went to the gig, spill! And any more pics or videos would be much appreciated too.

Oh and I am now fairly certain that White Feather is a pen name for Wolfmother while they bed in the new members and test out new material – the Wolfmother name will return.

Comments

68 Responses to “New members, new songs, new Wolfmother!”

1. Caleb on February 21st, 2009 5:30 pm

There are no citations for the Wikipedia page.
    So some random person could have went on wikipedia and made it up, so we are not sure

2. mv on February 21st, 2009 6:43 pm

and its be considered for deletion

3. Serge1 PeshcOFF on February 22nd, 2009 6:28 pm

yeah, it’s cool

4. Cameron on February 23rd, 2009 6:27 am

The White Feather page got deleted! Guys, I missed it. What did it say? Something about an album?

5. katy f on February 23rd, 2009 5:53 pm

yesssssssss!!….hope they come over to the uk soon!….and back as a 4 piece…brilliant!…..WOLFMOTHER are BACK!!!

6. Anonymous on February 24th, 2009 3:43 am

I was there. The new members didn’t hold up to the old ones – sorry, but they didn’t. And I would have liked a lot more new songs – I think they’ll stink.

7. Vince on February 24th, 2009 3:51 am

It was good to see them but I felt a bit disappointed by the lack of new material. Great to hear those old songs again even though they’re not that old.

To be honest though I thought Pilgrim was lame. All I could think was if that’s the best riff and melody that Andrew can come up with in the last 4 years, well….

Still prepared to give them a chance and I realise it’s early days but I’ve seen plenty of debut gigs by brand new bands that were way better. 5 out of 10.

8. Anonymous on February 24th, 2009 4:28 am

I was there. The new members completely trounced the old ones – sorry, but they did. =)

9. Marcel on February 24th, 2009 1:55 pm

on the name White Feather, which is exactly right? Wolfmother will continue or change to White Feather?

10. Zeitgeist8 on February 25th, 2009 3:26 am

Wolfmother annouces ANOTHER GIG!

As posted on their myspace blog, “Wolfmother will be part of the massive line up of two benefit concerts scheduled to run simultaneously in both Melbourne and Sydney on Saturday, March 14 under the unified banner of SOUND RELIEF.”

11. Silky on February 25th, 2009 6:55 am

yeah the line up sounds pretty good for sound relief

good cause too the bush fire relief

12. Anonymous on March 1st, 2009 7:53 am

pilgrim sounds awesome. how can you say that that riff is lame? beauty is found in simplicity my friend. and the solo was awesome

13. PsychedeliaBob on March 5th, 2009 4:26 am

Has anyone heard the song “Everythings Going On” by Dead Meadow? Pilgrim sounds like a complete ripoff…not that I’m complaining cause I love the song…but still

They did tour with Dead Meadow in 2006 or 2007 so its not a long shot…if you know the song tell me what ya think. If you don’t know it look it up and compare.

14. Cardoni on March 11th, 2009 12:04 am

Finally, new wolfmother stuff! I, like many other fans, can’t wait for the new stuff to drop…But I thought they were in studio recording a while ago before the breakup? Any news on what happened to that material?

15. bishop on April 5th, 2009 11:31 pm

wolfmother kicks ass and new material is always good, plus amazing guitar in the first place, and now another guitar should sound even better. Where did they find the new guys?

16. caleb on April 17th, 2009 5:30 pm

eee… this is amazing, but i hope the Wolfmother still kickass without the other two guys…

17. jungluthr on May 10th, 2009 3:31 pm

Here is something you might not have know about this new Wolfmother song:
    Not only did WM tour with Dead Meadow, Andrew wanted Dead Meadow to be his backing band on his new album. When Dead Meadow toured Australia several months ago, a jam session was set up for Andrew to play with Dead Meadow at WM’s practice space. He basically asked Jason from DM to show him riffs from a few Dead Meadow songs, including- first and foremost- ‘Everything’s Going On’. Jason showed him how to play it (I guess Andrew’s not a good enough guitar player to figure out such a simple riff by ear). That was the only song Jason showed him how to play then Andrew asked Jason if he could show him any new, unreleased DM songs to which Jason declined. Then they jammed on Led Zep covers for awhile. A couple weeks later DM got a call from Andrew saying basically, ‘some people have told me that one of my new songs kinda sounds like ‘Everythings Going On’, it’s a crazy coincidence.” Enough of a ‘coincidence’ in fact that WF’s lawyer and label wanted to offer Dead Meadow a settlement for the ‘steal’ before the album is released. Dead Meadow will in fact be receiving a small royalty on every copy of that record sold and any air play or downloading of that particular song. So we see that this is more than a casual similarity and there are consequences to stealing other peoples ideas, especially when they are already well known and published.

18. johnno on August 13th, 2009 10:33 pm