Wolfmother play at MTV Australia Awards and new single coming soon

March 29, 2009 by

Wolfmother MTV Music Awards

For more pics, check out Getty Images

So, what did they play? Oh, only one of the new songs! Back Round! And the news is that they will shortly release the single for free on their website, www.wolfmother.com. Not sure when that will be, sources suggest soon.

Click here for more including videos of the Back Round performance and the MTV interview:

Here’s the interview from the event (though do you think the woman has ever heard of Wolfmother before??):

And here’s the performance of Back Round (not Background as stated on many sites covering this event).

Sounds awesome, huh? Well okay, it’s clear that the band still needs a bit of time to gel and knock out perfect tunes live, but I’m still excited.

Comments

29 Responses to “Wolfmother play at MTV Australia Awards and new single coming soon”

1. Jimmi on March 29th, 2009 5:45 pm

vocals are abit… weird actually.. a few mistakes.. but all together OH MY EFFING GOD! SOUNDS SOO INTENSE! CANNOT WAIT UNTIL THE NEXT ALBUM :D:D:D:D::DD TOOUR!! SOOOO MUCH ENERGY IN THIS!!!

haha sounds like even more of a cracking song!

2. Josh on March 29th, 2009 7:53 pm

i still don’t know dude…i still way too connected with the original lineup, and the original sound. i guess we’ll just have to wait and see..

3. GuitarGeek469 on March 29th, 2009 9:52 pm

This is like borderline metal.

4. Schwansz on March 29th, 2009 10:27 pm

Sounds awesome to me! i cannot wait until they release the song! the whole line-up is kind of intimidating though, its really a whole professional thing now, with Chris and Myles i still had the feeling that it was some kind mysterical underground band founded by friends… and i miss the organ at the beginning of the song, im quite sure i remembered Chris starting with the organ… i sure hope the organ remains a dominant factor in the band

5. brandan on March 29th, 2009 10:35 pm

the lyrics for this song sound pretty sick! and i love the song.

6. zeitgeist8 on March 30th, 2009 12:01 am

lyrics?

Hey, im coming home, right now
    You can tell me if the people at all, right now
    Im coming home
    its been too long since the light was gone
    Im coming home, yeah.
    Coming up, coming up just to see you
    Realize its all in front of you
    Realize its all you wanna do
    Realize its all you ever knew
    Ohhh, im coming back around
    Ohhh, it wont be long
    It looks like somebody has been here before
    [ 2:01 – 2:03 ???]

well its a start. anyone wanna help me out?

7. zeitgeist8 on March 30th, 2009 12:37 am

Edit: i messed up line 2. its:

“can you tell me if the people need the light at all, right now”

8. zeitgeist8 on March 30th, 2009 2:56 am

BETTER NEWS

DOWNLOAD BACK ROUND STUDIO VERSION NOW AT wolfmother.com!

Edit: line 6:
    “Come alive, come alive just to see you”

9. Erick on March 30th, 2009 3:29 am

yeah =D i just downloaded Back Round
    its sweet!!!
    =DD

10. Schwansz on March 30th, 2009 8:14 am

yes yes!!!!! got it, its awesome!!!!!!!!!!

11. drbob222 on March 30th, 2009 11:13 am

i’ve been following this sing since its origin and i think i has progressed very nicely. can’t wait for this song to be released. i aboslutely love it!

12. Jimmi on March 30th, 2009 3:00 pm

I WOULD UP PUT THE STORY ABOUT THE NEW SINGLE BEING AVALIABLE UP BY NOW! lol give me a posting account :P

13. Joe on March 30th, 2009 9:14 pm

I sooooo want them to tour! I bought tickets from a dude for thhe clipsal500, but badly enough he didnt tell me where it was. When I found I freaked! I cant go there I live in the U.S. in missouri! I hope they come to saint louis I sooo want fricking see them! Also this new song kicks ass!

14. pyramidaddict on March 30th, 2009 11:34 pm

that was f-ing awsome, the solo was a bit….meh…but other than that it was great

15. pyramidaddict on March 30th, 2009 11:46 pm

hey guys I can’t get on to the forums, everytime I go in it says “Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.
    Please push the back button and reload the previous window”.

And whenever I push the back button it just reloads that page.

Is anyone else having the same problem. (and yes I realize this shouldn’t be a comment for this area but I can’t get onto the forums as already stated.)

Thanks guys

16. Jarrett on March 31st, 2009 12:01 am

I like the new single. It’s smash. Can’t effing wait, CANT EFFING WAIT for an album. So many fans here in south florida. All i do is jam to wolfmother in my car and room… my friends at first said,, .. “theyre too much, theyre too crazy”… but after listening some more and more, they’ve COMPLETELY turned aroundand have turned into wolfmother fans. 8 out of 10 of my friends like them who originally didn’t… my friend who hated them at first, is now a huge fan. posters, shirts and all. I believe wolfmother is the greatest band of our present day, hands down. Anyone who argues needs to shut their trap. Listen and shut up. Smash.

Jarrett – South Florida

17. hip-pop-anonymous on March 31st, 2009 4:00 am

I think this is what the lyrics are from the single…. feel free to help out.

Hey I’m coming out, right now
    Can you tell me if the people leave the light on long, right now
    I’m coming home
    It’s been too long
    Since the light went gone
    I’m coming home
    Yeah

Coming out, coming out just to see you
    Realize that it’s all in front of you
    Realize it’s all you ever knew
    Realize it’s all you ever do
    oh, i’m coming back around
    Oh, it won’t be long

It looks like someone has been in here before
    They left still thinking they could still have it all

A ticket sold and a man got rich
    with a seven year itch
    for all those ivolved fell over
    in their own ditch

and you need eyes to see on parallels
    seeing all things as similar
    and those who deny chance
    have no chance at all

oh, i’m coming back around
    oh, it won’t be long

18. Anonymous on March 31st, 2009 4:13 am

this song is available on their website already, the studio version, and it’s badass!

19. Frank on March 31st, 2009 5:29 am

I just downloaded the new single…fucking. amazing.

thats more like it Wolfmother.

20. Scott on March 31st, 2009 6:28 am

Jesus I love Wolfmother but the song could not sound more like Black Sabbath and they quite frankly don’t compare.

21. The Popular Opinion on March 31st, 2009 1:12 pm

you should hand the website over to your beloved COTW

22. Carson on March 31st, 2009 8:56 pm

New track is fantastic. Can’t wait for the album!

23. Fwer on March 31st, 2009 10:01 pm

What luck! I happen to be waring my Wolfmother T-shirt today! Best news in a long time

24. Josh on April 1st, 2009 1:40 am

I think Im going to take back what I said after hearing the studio version

25. a on April 1st, 2009 3:12 am

Good song, not as good as minds eye, colossal, joker & the thief or woman though, but sill FUKIN AWSOME

26. Jake on April 2nd, 2009 2:41 am

I like the new song a lot except the intro is kinda… hmmm … cheesy. The rest of the song is awesome although it doesnt compare to colossal or pyramid.

27. Roller on April 4th, 2009 9:51 am

Sick!!! Can’t wait for the next album!! :D I just got to see them live!!

28. Cha on April 5th, 2009 3:20 pm

Wuaa, awesome. Intense indeed : D
    Can’t wait for the next album!

But I miss the old Wolfmother, anyways, glad they stuck with the name. : D

29. holydingbat on April 10th, 2009 3:29 am

hey!!! i just found stockdales twitter account, it’s http://www.twitter.com/positron76 , he’s updating the progress on the album! check it out!!