Back Round – Wolfmother’s new single, free download

April 1, 2009 by

That’s right, it’s a freebie to get the band back on its feet. Head on over to wolfmother.com to grab it. Oh, and remember to make a donation when you get to the download page, it’s for a good cause.

Enjoy!

Comments

26 Responses to “Back Round – Wolfmother’s new single, free download”

1. COTW on April 1st, 2009 1:37 pm

what did you think of it chim?

2. Andre on April 1st, 2009 4:40 pm

Is it really going to be released as a single? I wouldn’t have thought so, seeing as it’s available for free now anyway.

3. Aurora on April 1st, 2009 5:06 pm

I loved the song, but I guess my judgement was influenced by all the waiting, and the happiness when realizing there’s a new Wolfmother single. Anyways, I thought it was quite good, and i sounded like a mix between Sabbath and the White Stripes, mixed with a hint of Wolfmother.

Can’t wait till the album comes!

4. chimaera on April 1st, 2009 5:29 pm

COTW, I actually love it. I think I realised that when, after listening to it once this morning, it was stuck in my head for most of the day!

As for it being an official “single”, I think that’s somewhat of a mute point nowadays with the move towards online releases and more and more free releases. It’s a studio produced song by a band – whether it appears in the charts or not doesn’t really matter, to me at least!

5. Josh on April 1st, 2009 6:45 pm

I think this is sort of a test still to see people’s reaction to “this new wolfmother”. I do think this song was a little over-produced, just because they knew there was high-expecations. Don’t get me wrong, I think the song is sweet so far, but I don’t think this is the final cut.

He looks like Beck in that picture btw..

6. Caleb on April 1st, 2009 11:31 pm

After reading their terms and conditions, I got scared whether entering my number would be safe and free for my phone, so I didnt enter it.

7. John on April 2nd, 2009 2:49 pm

The beginning intro is a little iffy but then the rest of the band kicks in and a huge smile goes on your face.

8. Wolfie on April 2nd, 2009 4:44 pm

Beck… Wolfmother should change their name to Dale. Since apparently andrew is the band now.

9. ben on April 2nd, 2009 8:43 pm

no one else having trouble with the song stopping at 30 seconds/

10. Dave on April 2nd, 2009 10:22 pm

Anyone else notice all recent pictures put on myspace and website are of Andrew? No one else. Seems a bit like “me me all me” don’t you think?

11. hogsnogz on April 2nd, 2009 10:29 pm

Yeah, but it might be the record company wanting that since he is the only surviving member of the band and the person people will recognize.

12. chimaera on April 2nd, 2009 11:22 pm

Ben, I’ve seen that issue mentioned quite a few times. I wonder if for some reason the download in the US is just a sample? I certainly got the full track and didn’t input my phone number.

13. hip-pop-anonymous on April 3rd, 2009 4:05 am

I’m from the US and got the entire thing….

14. Andre on April 3rd, 2009 6:52 pm

The song is okay, though, like mentioned before, it is maybe over-produced. An organ solo would have been easy to integrate and a nice addition, too. All good though, more of the same please!

15. PsychedeliaBob on April 3rd, 2009 9:42 pm

I’m nervous to hear the entire album.

To put it plainly, I don’t want their next album to sound like this and colossal. I’ve never been a fan of Mastadon and The Sword so if this is where Wolfmother is heading I’m going to be more than a little sad.

16. PsychedeliaBob on April 3rd, 2009 9:43 pm

And to be honest…He looks like carrot top as of late…ewwww

17. Jimmy on April 4th, 2009 1:49 am

i love the new single.. its intense… i agree with chim as in i don’t care whether its enters the charts or not.. it probably won’t… i have listened to it ermmm 83 times so far since monday :) play count continues!

18. Erick on April 4th, 2009 4:08 am

I’m pretty sure that the version of Back Round that is available to download at the official website is a demo.

just by hearing the intro to the song
    it’s kinda slow….

19. Jimmy on April 4th, 2009 11:56 am

why would they release a demo at this stage?

20. Jake on April 5th, 2009 5:17 am

This isnt really related but whats goin on with ‘doom buggy’?

21. Matt on April 6th, 2009 1:34 am

The new single is good but here is a link to a a version of the song with the original lineup it sounds much better than the new version in my opinion. The new wolfmother need to get rid of the extra guitar it clutters up their sound

Heres the link for Back Round (original Lineup) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W1DJVE5P

22. Brian on April 7th, 2009 12:05 am

is it supposed to stop every 30 or so seconds?

23. Serge1 PeshcOFF on April 9th, 2009 3:27 am

this song is amazing!

24. keith the chief on April 10th, 2009 8:35 am

Rock on. it sounds better than the old stuff.

25. Serge1 PeshcOFF on April 10th, 2009 5:08 pm

26. Wolfmother to release White Feather : The Original Wolfmother Fan Site on November 23rd, 2009 7:21 pm

[…] “New Moon Rising” as the lead single from Cosmic Egg back in August (not counting the “Back Round” free download from 6 months prior!), the third track from the album, “White Feather”, […]