A “Killer” Tour!

July 18, 2009 by

Just a short day after The Wolfies fansite went online, Wolfmother announced tour dates with the wonderful Killers.
Initially announced on Andrews twitter account, it also added to their main website. There will be 6 dates in total, 4 of which are in the US and the remaining 2 are in Canada. The dates are as follows:

31st August 2009 – Merriweather Post Pavilion Columbia, Maryland
1st September 2009 – Nikon at Jones Beach Amphitheatre Wantagh, New York
2nd September 2009 – PNC Bank Arts Centre Holmdel, New Jersey
4th September 2009 – TD Banknorth Garden Boston, Massachusetts
5th September 2009 – Quai Jacques Cartier Montreal, Quebec
6th September 2009 – Molson Amphitheatre Toronto, Ontarlo

If you leave remotely near any of those venues, definitely go and get a ticket, it looks to be a very awesome event and as a very big Killers fan myself, you can imagine the jealousy that is currently flowing through my body.

Also a heads up, there will be a tour in the UK before 2009 is out! Andrew has yet again confirmed/promised that on his twitter page so this is wonderful for all the British fans!

[update]The Wolfmother Tour dates page is updated, and improved!

Comments

13 Responses to “A “Killer” Tour!”

1. chimaera on July 18th, 2009 11:41 am

See, part of me thinks – are the Killers really big enough a band that Wolfmother should be a supporting act? I can see AC/DC for sure, but the Killers? It’s almost like Wolfmother admitting that they aren’t in the same league. I suppose it is their comeback year, but still – they should be going on tour and having known bands supporting them, not the other way around.,

2. Jimmy/i on July 18th, 2009 11:47 am

Lol The Killers are a big band.. Far bigger than Wolfmother… People actually know The Killers name and songs… Wolfmother are more.. ‘that woman band’..

Plus you can’t release 1 album and then expect bands to support you… The Killers have been very consistant with their releases AND they headline the large festivals like Reading and Leeds.. Wolfmother no way have headlined a truely big festival in my opinion.. I think Wolfmother have alot more ground to cover before they can get bands to support them like that..

3. chimaera on July 18th, 2009 11:56 am

I’m not saying that the Killers aren’t a big band and that they aren’t bigger than Wolfmother – they are and they are. But are they big enough for Wolfmother to support? In my opinion, no.

And I wasn’t saying that it should be the Killers supporting Wolfmother at all. I’d just rather see Wolfmother on their own tour with some decent bands like Wolf & Cub, Tame Impala, other “known” bands that aren’t yet huge, supporting.

4. Jimmy/i on July 18th, 2009 12:37 pm

But this isn’t their tour? this is the more come back stage.. re-introduce themselves to the public… its like “i haven’t seen you for years.. sorry i have forgotten your name” kinda situtation.. If they were to just release their album or sell tickets just out of the blue in UK or America.. not many people would straight up know who Wolfmother are… touring with bigger bands like The Killers just will help them like when they play Woman.. the audience is likely to say, Oh this band sung that song!! then ofcourse when their album does come out and their actual album tour begins.. more people like likely to know who they are…

also chim.. i really think you are assume wolfmother are as big as they used to be… they have spent too much time out of the limelight.. this website is the reason i stayed a fan all these years… but thats my opinion..

5. Hey Joe on July 19th, 2009 8:59 am

Heads up – huge rumours spreading that Queens of the Stone Age are having Wolfmother as their sole support on a full-length United States and European tour summer 2010.

6. Schwansz on July 19th, 2009 11:00 am

@ Hey Joe: Thats sweet! Then i can see two fantastic bands at the same time!

7. Fwer on July 19th, 2009 9:10 pm

Yes! Finally Wolfmother in New Jersey!!!!!!!!

8. Jimmy/i on July 19th, 2009 11:25 pm

You lucky S.O.Bs!!!!! If they do a QOTSA tour.. I will be there haha

9. joe linden on July 25th, 2009 2:42 am

OH. MY. GOD. I’M GOING TO THE SHOW IN NEW JERSEY!!!!!!!!!

10. Lee on July 31st, 2009 7:52 pm

Yess! I might be going to the one in Montreal, but floor tickets are $88! lol
    man tho a QOTSA tour… omg I’d pay to see that

11. Anonymous on October 21st, 2009 11:30 pm

killers are bigger but im afraid wolfmother might show them up

WM&QOTSA i would die

12. Minnie on February 15th, 2017 3:16 pm

If time is money you’ve made me a wehelaitr woman.

13. dragon on April 8th, 2017 11:29 am

I like the useful information you furnish with your content pieces.I will bookmark your blog and check again here repeatedly.I am relatively sure I’ll gain knowledge of quite a lot of recent stuff right right here! Good luck for the upcoming!