THE EGG HAS LANDED DOWN UNDER!… And a Box Set?!

October 23, 2009 by

The Egg has Landed from the Cosmos!

The Egg has Landed from the Cosmos!

And of course in various places around Europe too! Although those from the country of the Red Sun have had a two day head start! And those from United Kingdom have to wait until the 26th, and those in the US of A have to wait until the 27th!

I’ve already got my iTunes copy and Deluxe edition (and waiting for the vinyl to come in).

If you didn’t pre-order it on iTunes, you would have noticed you’re not able to get the Jimi Hendrix cover of “If 6 Was 9”, however, you’re in luck because another edition of Cosmic Egg has appeared on iTunes as the “standard edition” of Cosmic Egg with bonus tracks: “Sundial (Acoustic)”, “Don’t Let It Bring You Down” (a Neil Young cover) and “Mannish Boy” – another Jimi Hendrix cover. Those who DID pre-order the album on iTunes can still get these bonus tracks indivually.

What is most exciting now though is the email Wolfmother has just sent through it’s mailing list.

The bell does toll, the train has left the station and thy day hath arrived, Cosmic Egg the triumphant 2nd album by Wolfmother, is out today and available at all friendly physical and cyber retailers.

Cosmic Egg represents a giant leap forward for Wolfmother from their self-titled debut record and a bold step into the unknown. Shamelessly running the gauntlet of heaviosity from melancholic, piano-led laments to thundering heaving rock, Cosmic Egg shows reveals every colour in the Wolfmother rainbow as a vivid, blindingly good time.

Preceded by the ripping first single New Moon Rising, the 12 track album is now available in an array of wondrous formats. You can pick up a copy of Cosmic Egg as a standard 12 track CD, a deluxe 16 track digipak CD, double gatefold vinyl and of course, as a deluxe digital version with a bonus track through iTunes. If that isn’t enough for you, there will be a lush box set to follow in the new year.

A lush box set?! I’ve already bought three editions of the album already! (iTunes, Deluxe and Vinyl) And the prospect of a box set is making it look like it’s going to be 4!

We’ll have to wait until the new year for it’s release, but even with a new Wolfmother album already in my hands, I’m still just as excited (damn you good marketing strategy!).

More news as it comes!

Comments

13 Responses to “THE EGG HAS LANDED DOWN UNDER!… And a Box Set?!”

1. Auspicepresider on October 23rd, 2009 9:17 am

oh noes! Box set?? well now I must saving, no?
    hope it doesn’t sneak past me…want it so much!

2. Mike on October 23rd, 2009 9:43 am

I come from the land down under…

I bought the CD today, my mate and I went specifically to town to get it. We got the special edition with extra tracks.

I can say so far it’s quite a nice album, IMO it doesn’t top their self-titled album however. It’s got a heavier sound on definitely the majority of the songs.

Still, quite a good album!

3. dan on October 23rd, 2009 10:56 am

i agree with mike. i think the debut album was better. there aren’t as many ripping good solos in this one. i’ll have to say pilgrim is my fav tho

4. skippyatagig on October 23rd, 2009 6:04 pm

Well the whole of the London Coronet gig was filmed so I’m expecting some of that on there.

5. chimaera on October 23rd, 2009 8:00 pm

I can’t believe that we have to wait until Monday =0(

6. Mike on October 24th, 2009 3:48 am

I’m listening to it again, it’s really good.

Muse fans will love “Eyes Open” and “Far Away”.

“In The Morning” reminds me too much of Tales from the Forest of Gnomes…

7. Danleary on October 25th, 2009 3:08 am

Thats funny, I noticed that. The first 3 notes are exactly the same as tales in fact. As a whole though, they are vastly different songs. They just both happen to be fiddled around the open strings, so they are bound to sound similar.

And not as many ripping solos? Cosmic Egg as twice as many solos in it as the debut, and all are epic!

8. Awesome on October 27th, 2009 3:59 am

Mannish Boy is a Muddy waters song, although Hendrix did cover it. Is should be mad!

9. Mikey on October 27th, 2009 1:23 pm

The new ablbum sucks… im not a fan anymore until they go back to what they were. and thats NOT GAY.

10. Schwansz on October 28th, 2009 8:41 am

I have to admit it’s a good album, but still i’m really dissapointed! I’m a hardcore fan of the first EP and the first album, but cosmic egg has in my opinion a few really awesome tracks like cosmic egg, new moon rising, 10.000 ft. in the castle and phoenix, but white feather and this new version of violence of the sun just really really disgust me. I miss the organ too, in fact im sensing that Chris and Myles had a bigger influence on the band then most of us think. The whole typical Wolfmother sound has vanished! Think im just gonna listen to the old good stuff right now! P

PS: Does anybody know what Palace of Fire is up to?

11. daz on October 29th, 2009 4:07 am

i think that the new album is a better album than their debut.
    with the two guitarists and a new drummer and bass/keyboard player it gives the band a fuller sound. my favorite track is 10,000 feet. cant wait to hear the songs live and get the box set.

12. Hans on November 4th, 2009 1:16 pm

Hi, so the orginal poster of the news said he got the LP. I was wondering if he or she got the same problem with teh vinyl I did. The tracks are all out of order on the wax and do not correspond with the sleeve. I detail it here:

13. Cosmic Egg box set: January 2010? : The Original Wolfmother Fan Site on December 29th, 2009 12:28 am

[…] 29, 2009 by Andre  As previously reported by the site, Wolfmother will be releasing a special edition box set of their sophomore album Cosmic […]