Lost Afro – Reward Offered!

February 25, 2010 by

I was simply looking at a few pictures from Ian Peres facebook about the new video for ‘Far Away’. I looked at the full band shot (left) and what do I see to my horror… An upset Andrew Stockdale looking a bit light on top of his head!

Andrew has officially made the move to trim the afro which I think now makes him look a bit more Kings of Leon-ish (anyone agree?) From viewing the clip of the Apple Store gig, it appears that a far shorter afro does still remotely exist however it will be something myself and I’m sure many other Wolfmother fans will have to get to grips with. We just need sometime Andrew.. Just time to get used to it.

Far Away is going to be the thrid single from the 2009 album ‘Cosmic Egg’. Official release dates are yet to be confirmed. Recording for the video took place on the 24th February 2010 at an unknown location however with an awesome Mirror Pyramid, which I expect we will be seeing a lot more of over the next coming months!

More news to come as we hear it and YAY for my first post in ages!

Comments

8 Responses to “Lost Afro – Reward Offered!”

1. auspicepresider on February 25th, 2010 3:52 pm

truly a dude who has no ties between his fro and his work and musicianship ethic…its the man underneath the fro, not the fro atop the man whom we appreciate the talents of, people \m/

2. Jimmy/i on February 25th, 2010 4:51 pm

haha i still want the fro back!

3. Taylor on February 25th, 2010 9:51 pm

I may or may not be holding a legitimate memorial service later this week. The kinks are still being ironed out.

4. being_free on February 28th, 2010 3:04 pm

Andrew, Honey, please grow the hair back. It’s so much more rock god. I LLLOOOVVVEEEDDD your hair. Of course the music and the man are still the same I think it made him more unique and sexy.

5. Anonymous on March 4th, 2010 3:12 am

Can’t wait to see it, looks incredible!

6. Anonymous on March 4th, 2010 4:23 am

i love that everybody talks about andrew’s fro like it’s the king of everything, yet there’s ian with his banging set of curls and no one mentions a thing, it’s like he’s invisible…haha

7. ross on March 9th, 2010 12:04 am

the hairdesser where mr. stockdale got it done had an advertisment on its front window which read: “for sale andrew stockdale’s fro, professianlly restored to original state. asking price: $300.” Now i’ll buy that and clone my own stockdale and train him to have only positive thoughts for his glorious mane.

8. auspicepresider on March 12th, 2010 11:36 pm

IAN!!! YOU ARE FREE!!!
    *we all stand back and witness Ian take flight with his mighty fro, finally unburdened from feeling he might out-fro the lead singer, and finally unleashes it for all to see…looking back only to show us he is smiling, as we all give him the double thumbs up*
    ^_____________^