Wolfmother Cancel European Dates!

May 29, 2010 by

Rock stars across the globe are all falling down due to illness! Bono recently cancelled his headline slot at Glastonbury and postponing many other gigs due to his back. Well it seems Andrew Stockdale is doing something similar!

Wolfmother are due to play at the Oxegen Festival in Ireland in July however an announcement on the festivals website says that Wolfmother have pulled out of that slot due to illness (despite the festival being 2 months away).

Also Main Square Festival also shares the same message of Wolfmother cancelling their venue. The French festivals website also says its due to Andrew Stockdale is unable to fly due to medical reasons.

Wolfmother are due to play on AC/DC’s own stage at the Download festival in the UK on June 11 th and many fans on the forum have tickets for Hard Rock Calling at Hyde Park on June 25th however it is unclear whether they have cancelled their many other dates which are scheduled for the following months.

If you are due to go to a Wolfmother gig anytime soon, I would give the venue a call to find out if the gig is cancelled and please leave a message if you have been affected by this. Also I would like to wish Andrew the best on a speedy recovery!

I will update if I head anything! Watch this space!

Update: Fellow forum member, Sinclaire, has pointed out to me that the Oxegen Festival website reports Wolfmother have indeed cancelled their full european tour. Sorry folks, it does appear that those hoping to see Wolfmother in June or July are not going to be doing that! watch this space!

Update 2: Ok folks, it is now official that Wolfmother have cancelled ALL of their european gigs (including Download Festival and Hard Rock Calling) and if there are any other gigs outside of europe, I expect them to be cancelled to! If you have a ticket to a Wolfmother gig (not a festival) please contact the venue! If you are going to a festival.. Please still enjoy yourself!

Comments

13 Responses to “Wolfmother Cancel European Dates!”

1. Andre on May 29th, 2010 8:22 pm

How very suspicious… sucks to be anyone who bought a ticket.

2. Taylor on May 29th, 2010 10:42 pm

It’s the whole “two months away” thing that has me weirded out. I really hope it’s nothing too serious!

3. Louis on May 31st, 2010 11:44 pm

They would’ve been at pinkpop yesterday, but it was canceled :(
    Slash was there, they would play one song, by the sword, together, but now miles kennedy had to sing it. Didn’t really work out well. That song is perfect for andrew’s voice, but at some points, it was just too high for miles.

4. Jimmy/i on June 1st, 2010 10:02 pm

That actually sucks, By The Sword is a song co-written by andrew and slash (and probably many others) for andrew to sing it! hope this is a genuine illness and not another break up.

5. Gary on June 3rd, 2010 8:27 pm

It seems to me there are two strong possibilities and they’re both bad: A break-up or serious condition. Wolfmother has quickly become my favourite band and I hope this isn’t the end. If it is a genuine illness, I wish Andrew a speedy recovery.

Does anyone have any updates? Any rumours online? Anything?

6. chimaera on June 5th, 2010 8:51 am

Thankfully, I hadn’t actually bought a ticket for Hard Rock Calling. But this really sucks, I wonder what’s wrong with him?

7. Waters on June 6th, 2010 5:02 pm

Does noone know what is up with Andrew? I mean, they wouldn’t cancel a whole frikkin tour for a cold…

8. Jimmy on June 6th, 2010 6:28 pm

We are currently only guessing… lets hope its not a break up :( GET WELL ANDREW!! RIGHT NOW!

9. Taylor on June 8th, 2010 12:27 am

Their blog on MySpace now calls it an “undisclosed health issue”. I have a feeling we’re not going to get much out of this until they’re ready :/

Here’s the blog: http://mysp.ac/cTIpNa

10. wolfchildsarah on June 11th, 2010 10:51 pm

that sucks so much for the people that got tickets!
    i hope andrew is ok!!

11. newshound on June 23rd, 2010 2:24 am

Ian is in another band… has he left WM?

12. Chris on June 25th, 2010 5:27 am

Ok WM fans alike, I saw Andrew plus 2 other guys who looked like new Wolfmother’s (?) at a cafe in West End Brisbane (Andrew’s home town) not 3 hours ago…

All looked fine, happy and healthy.

I sat next to them and they were just having a bit of a getting to know you kind of chat, maybe auditioning in the ever revolving door that is Wolfmother. They strolled off and looked like they were going to rehearse somewhere nearby.

Andrew ate a ham and cheese croissant.

13. chimaera on July 2nd, 2010 3:31 pm

Haha Chris, thanks for the update and random fact about Andrew’s eating habits!