Wolfmother in Turmoil Again: Members Leave, Record Labels Run

February 24, 2012 by

It seems that Wolfmother are once again in trouble, and the future seems uncertain for the Australian four-piece hard rockers.

A source from close within the band’s organisation has revealed exclusively to Wolfmother.net that drummer Will Scott and rhythm guitarist Aidan Nemeth have officially left the band, essentially citing irreconcilable differences with frontman Andrew Stockdale, echoing the reasons for original members Chris Ross and Myles Heskett leaving back in August 2008.

In addition, it has been revealed by the same source that the band’s upcoming third album is to be delayed further. The statement includes the following passage:

There is no release date for album #3 because Modular, Universal and Interscope are not interested in releasing it.

It is currently unclear as to whether the band will continue to perform together, or whether the album will receive a release at any time soon, although the band did recently perform at the 2012 ASP World Surfing Awards ceremony in Australia.

Wolfmother.net will have more news as soon as it is available.

Comments

38 Responses to “Wolfmother in Turmoil Again: Members Leave, Record Labels Run”

1. VancouverMike on February 24th, 2012 7:20 pm

FUUUUUUCK!

2. chimaera on February 25th, 2012 5:05 am

Craziness. Wonder what happens with their Australian tour with Lenny Kravitz coming up next month …

3. A.Stockdale on February 25th, 2012 7:59 am

Hello Forum Folk,

In light of recent posts, I thought it best to clarify a few things. Firstly we signed with Modular/Universal and we are still with Modular/Universal. How ever they decide to put this record out within the Universal Group is their business. So that’s the music biz talk, all very un-rock’n’roll.

And secondly, Will Scott had to bail out last year due to continuing health problems that made it impossible for him to tour extensively or continue to record. He’s in better shape now, and we’ll see how it all pans out. Since then, Dave came back and played for our regional tour of Australia and totally smashed it! It was great to have him back on board as its great to always have him apart of Wolfmother operations.

Next up, Aiden is moving into engineering. Over the last year it became apparent that that’s his thing, so he’s off pursuing his path and I truly wish him all the best with it.

Right now Hamish Rosser from the Vines is on board taking care of business on all things drum. There are a few other soul brothers in the wings bringing the mojo, Vin Steele on guitar and Elliott Hammond on Keys and Harp. Young Peres is still banging it out on Bass and Keys.

This album is sounding really great, we’ve got a great vibe going. Vibe central down here just a few different faces in different places on the Wolf train.

Trust me this came from a very good source close to the band!

Peace,

A.Stockdale

4. VancouverMike on February 25th, 2012 8:20 am

I pray to God this is true! ^ Now I feel like a dick for tweeting him to get his shit together…

5. Me on February 25th, 2012 1:05 pm

@A. Stockdale Recent 2012 ASP World Surfing Awards show was a disaster. Joker and The Thief sounds bad.

6. VancouverMike on February 25th, 2012 11:48 pm

thanks for the input ^ I’m sure stockers will think long and hard about the comment you made and try to change just for you in the future.

7. Ross on February 25th, 2012 11:59 pm

Let’s try to look at the positives:

* Album #3 is recorded and done under the old band. So nothing unexpected there.
    * Modular will eventually release it as they are probaly obligated to by contract… and they’ll want the money.
    * Andrew and the band, having worked hard and long on the album will want it released one way or another.

Personally I don’t care after this. 3 solid albums are good enough for me.

8. William on February 27th, 2012 11:40 pm

Look at everybody backpedal on the forums :) I say hire a drummer and be a power trio again. Rock on, Mr. Stockdale.

9. Jimmy/i on February 28th, 2012 2:45 am

Well mr. William… Would you prefer to insult the forums members by posting a message which probably they will never read or would you like to actually join in the discussion on the forums with the fellow fans? Everyone is entitled to their opinion and as much as some were quick to judge, on reading Andrews response, they were able to hear another side of the story and then made an informed opinion on the rather distressing situation. I certanally wouldn’t say they ‘backpedal’ed… any true fan would be worried if half the band left.. Again..

But I do agree that a trio would be a great idea!

10. William on February 28th, 2012 5:21 pm

Jimmy, I just thought it humorous. I am a member of the forums but rarely post. I am and have always been on Team Stockdale. I don’t care if he hires Katy Perry on lead guitar and Nicki Minaj on drums as long as he remains the golden god that he is I will line up to see it. Actually, Nicki Minaj on drums sounds kinda hot.

11. b.steele on February 29th, 2012 8:48 am

Theyll just keep doing line up changes till they have no fans left, god forbid they find a permanent rhythm section (btw when I say they I mean stockdale)

12. luke missile on March 4th, 2012 3:59 am

They couldn’t become a trio again, because the only reason it worked was because of the original rhythm section. They were Wolfmother, and without them it just sounds like a lame covers band.

That surfing show was atrocious and he should really just call it quits, or do a solo record.

13. Bryce on March 4th, 2012 5:36 am

So I don’t really like this line up at all, but I didn’t like the last one but it grew on me. Hopefully, this one does the same. I’ve been excitedly awaiting album 3 for a while now. Is it complete just has yet to be released?

14. Jimmy on March 7th, 2012 2:50 pm

Sorry william, it wasnt meant to sound like i was having ago at you, was merely suggesting joining in with the discussion on the forums! Nicki minaj on drums FTW!

I will say that when someone tweeted Aidens account saying ‘you left wolmfother?’ .. He responded ‘thank god’…

15. Liam on March 9th, 2012 1:51 am

Hey Stockdale, nice cover-up but you forgot to mention how you were a dick and fired and re-hired Aidan a week later.

Face it. You’re a meglomaniac and you know it.

16. VancouverMike on March 9th, 2012 5:34 am

Are you serious? where did you hear this? ^

17. Liam on March 9th, 2012 1:59 pm

Let’s just say I’m a ‘source close to the band’. Haha. I won’t say why or how though, as it’s not my business to spill out secrets or anything – that’s up to those involved. I could honestly list a load of reasons why Stockdale constantly has to find new members for his ‘project’, but I won’t, as I don’t wanna start any arguments or get anyone in trouble, and like I said, it’s really not my business at all.

All I’m gonna say is there seems to be a recurring theme of people leaving Wolfmother because of “irreconcilable differences”. Why else would, like Jimmy said, Aidan tweet “thank god” when someone asked him if he left WM?

18. VancouverMike on March 10th, 2012 1:06 am

Fair enough, wish we could here more deets though

19. Liam on March 10th, 2012 3:28 pm

Well, if you guys want, I guess I could speak to them and ask if they’re okay for me to blab more details and stuff… I guess it’s only fair the fans get both sides of the story.

20. Ross on March 10th, 2012 9:50 pm

Please do Liam, we are all full of wonder and anticipation, we are hungry for information.

21. Liam on March 12th, 2012 10:44 pm

Hey guys!

Sorry to be a bearer of bad news, but unfortunately, there will be no more details coming from me. I’ve just spoken to Will and he wants nothing said publicly, other than that he wishes Andrew all the best.

So yeah, sorry to say but that’s all you’re getting out of me. I’m not gonna go behind a friend’s back and dish out a load of stuff on their personal stuff. At the end of the day it’s their business what goes on within the band, and the fans just need to accept the info they’ve been given and go with the flow.

Sorry I couldn’t be more helpful on the gossip.

And now I really want to end this message on a lame Wolfmother pun… but I can’t think of one. Ah well, screw it.

22. Bryce on March 14th, 2012 12:47 am

I would love the idea of a power trio again! Stockdale on vocals/guitar, Peres on bass/keys, and Hammish on drums. Am i the only one who wants this?

23. Schwansz on March 15th, 2012 4:02 pm

I’m hoping for a Wolfmother-renaissance! I still miss the old days when Chris and Myles were in the band. The band really prospered back then. It’s still a shame that the original ‘ Violence of the Sun’, ‘ Monolith’ and ‘ Inside the Mountain’ never saw the light, ’cause those songs are just EPIC! I still listen to them! Anyways, I wish Andrew all the luck in the world and I dearly hope he won’t get seduced by money and more fame. The stench of commercialism was all over Cosmic Egg. Such a shame.

Greeting from the Netherlands!

24. L. on March 17th, 2012 5:36 pm

You would think Andrew would know how to spell Aidan’s name. i mean especially after being in a band together for 5 years. sort of a sign of how much he cares.

25. L. on March 17th, 2012 5:38 pm

also i am convinced andrew brought on a 2nd keyboardist because he knows Ian is bigger and better than him. can’t have that.

26. Liam on March 18th, 2012 10:59 pm

^^ This person has the right idea.

27. ross on March 21st, 2012 6:44 am

dear mr. stockdale, please tell modular to do something about releasing your god-like 3rd lp or they’ll have an angry pack of wolfies to deal with ;p

28. cool_one on March 21st, 2012 7:24 am

aiden and will were sacked by mr stockdale AFTER he asked the two new guys to join the band.

29. cool_one on March 21st, 2012 7:29 am

he didnt even have the guts to tell them, he simply stopped paying them.

30. dave on March 21st, 2012 1:31 pm

To be honest, Will and Aidan are better off without WM. There’s a reason Slopfail is the only one left of the originals, and that’s INCLUDING the management team!

31. Bryce on March 23rd, 2012 9:53 pm

How bout once Wolfmother’s contract is up with Modular, Andrew just creates his own label and does what he wants? Just to avoid any denial of records like this. And I’m getting extremely impatient. Just release it and go on a world tour already!

32. Jimmy on March 28th, 2012 10:45 pm

The awkward moment when you have to re-explain what and who wolfmother is.. Every day they don’t release a single piece of news, song or even a t shirt is damaging wolfmother.. But look at this a different way.. Fleetwood mac created thier most successful album during a load of arguments and after a very low point in the bands history.. Admittedly they were still the same band.. But I think I’ve heard an amazing song come from them in the form of ‘Long way to go’ (live version on YouTube).. Maybe this is wolfmothers Fleetwood mac period..

33. L. on March 30th, 2012 5:55 pm

jimmy you could be right. liam whoever you are bravo you are telling it like it is! man you must really be on the inside.

34. Heikolossal on March 31st, 2012 10:44 am

IN MY OPINION the new line up is good.Their new drummer is good and the new guy on keys and on rhythmguitar, well, we’ll see.
    But for them who don’t know: Wolfmother is Andrew Stockdale and as long he is in Wolfmother they’re GREAT! So I like the new line up too, because I’m a fan and they’re good, just see this(It’s one of their new songs):

PS:Keep Rockin’

35. New Lineup Performs New Material : The Original Wolfmother Fan Site on April 2nd, 2012 11:59 am

[...] parting ways with three-quarters of its members recently, Wolfmother in its newest incarnation (what are we on now, number four?) has been touring with [...]

36. New Album to Be Re-Recorded, Self-Released : The Original Wolfmother Fan Site on April 19th, 2012 11:45 am

[...] month, we reported that Wolfmother’s labels Modular and Universal were “not interested” in releasing [...]

37. More Album Details Revealed in New Interview : The Original Wolfmother Fan Site on December 31st, 2012 2:55 pm

[...] part of the band. Former drummer Will Rockwell-Scott – who was announced to have left the band in February 2012 – is believed to be joining current sticksman Hamish Rosser – who moved from The Vines to [...]

38. http://tinyurl.com/primpiers03921 on January 22nd, 2013 3:38 am

“Wolfmother in Turmoil Again: Members Leave, Record Labels Run :
    The Original Wolfmother Fan Site” was a fantastic blog post and thus
    I really was really pleased to discover it.
    Thanks for your effort,Princess