New Lineup Performs New Material

April 2, 2012 by

After parting ways with three-quarters of its members recently, Wolfmother in its newest incarnation (what are we on now, number four?) has been touring with American superstar Lenny Kravitz over the past few weeks, and have been performing a few new songs in the process. One of these songs is entitled ‘Long Way to Go’, and a fairly decent quality version of it has surfaced.

Check out the video here to see Wolfmother — now comprised of Andrew Stockdale (lead vocals, lead guitar), Ian Peres (bass, keys, backing vocals), Vin Steele (rhythm guitar), Elliott Hammond (keys, percussion, backing vocals) and Hamish Rosser (drums) — in action performing the new song in full at the Sydney Entertainment Centre on 21st March 2012. ‘Long Way to Go’ is likely to appear on the band’s upcoming third album, potentially set for release this or next year, and was showcased to forum member Jimmy Parker when he met the band backstage after a gig in England in 2011.

Let us know what you think of the track in the comments below, and whether you think the new members are true to the Wolfmother dynamic in terms of look, sound and style!

Comments

10 Responses to “New Lineup Performs New Material”

1. Han Solo on April 2nd, 2012 2:05 pm

Well, after labouring over this decision for several months, I’m prepared to freeze myself in carbonite and have someone remove me if and only if Wolfmother releases its third album. I’ve been checking every day since some time in October 2011, and I would fear for the stability of my psyche if I were to subject myself to any more eager waiting at the teasing hands of Wolfmother.

2. Han Solo on April 2nd, 2012 2:10 pm

But that song was really awesome. Anyways, I’m going into the freezing chamber now…

3. Zigster on April 2nd, 2012 11:26 pm

Trying not to sound sour here, but what makes you think the album could possibly be released next year. Theres still 9 months left of this year i’m sure they’ll get thier shit together within that time. He has teased us all long enough after all. Someone said on the forums that ‘everyday day they don’t realese a new piece of news is damaging to the band’ and I agree though it seems that Andrew is picking things up with a new lineup and playing new songs. My prediction, we’ll have an announcement by August. Wolfmothe r is like a locomotive, it starts slow then builds up speed then theres no stopping it until it arrives. This is the Year of the Wolfmother. BTW if it is November this year or something when you read this,… permission to shake your head.

4. ross on April 2nd, 2012 11:32 pm

i don’t care who’s in the band anymore, the new members have no credit.

i actually like Year of the Dragon. it’s about music not lyrics to me.
    i liked the earlier slightly slower version of Long Way to Go Better.
    my favourite new song is Everyday Drone. fkn ove it!

5. Andre on April 3rd, 2012 12:45 am

Zigster… the album might not be released until next year due to a number of factors, such as the following: (1) Andrew and co. might want to re-record some or all of the album with the new lineup, (2) the album as recorded with the old lineup might be barred from release by contractual obligations, and (3) if you’ve been a fan of the band for a while, you’ll know that they are known for taking ages to release things (Cosmic Egg was slated for a 2007 release, then a 2008 release, before being put out in the last quarter of 2009). I think and hope that it will come out this year, as the band mentioned it was in the mixing phases months ago, but you never know with Wolfmother.

6. Darth Vader on April 3rd, 2012 2:42 am

lmfao Han Solo. 2 much dude

7. very pissed fan on April 4th, 2012 8:01 pm

I’d like to know who is in charge of pr for the band…WTF! Been a diehard fan, but shit like this is getting old.

Someone communicate with the fans, let us know wtf is going on!

I still will follow, but man, why not treat us a little better…….??

8. kyle jalowicz on April 7th, 2012 2:49 pm

New song is good. I’d say they’re done though..

9. EonRunes on April 7th, 2012 7:55 pm

guys, we all know that all this delay/procrastination/label bullshit is all a ruse…the only reason it’s all happening, obviously, is because Andrew needed his Afro to be a big as possible at album launch number 3.

the new song is *f*ing quality. it seems the wait is going to pay off.

like it hasn’t in….many years :D

EonRunes/AuspicePresider

10. EonRunes on April 7th, 2012 8:06 pm

Also, this is a great version of L.W.T.G as well…you can hear some awesome keys too