Stockdale Hits Back at Critics in New Interview

May 25, 2012 by

In a new interview with the singer-songwriter-guitarist conducted by English magazine Classic Rock, Wolfmother frontman Andrew Stockdale has responded to claims that he is the one to blame for the drastic lineup changes suffered by the band, ensuring fans that the new album is on its way.

Speaking to the publication, Stockdale insists that he has “a good relationship with most people that have been in [Wolfmother]”, likening the departures of members to the patterns of people in everyday working life. The frontman has also cleared up the confusion surrounding record labels, claiming that “As of a few days [ago] that’s been resolved”, implying that Universal, Modular and Interscope will in fact be releasing the record.

Speaking about the album itself, Stockdale revealed the titles of two new songs: the first, tentatively titled ‘Ghetto’, has been submitted to the producers of the upcoming film Iron Man 3, with the hope that it will be included on the soundtrack; the second is ‘Year of the Dragon’, which has been on the radars of Wolfmother fanatics for almost a year now.

Wolfmother’s third album, currently untitled, is slated for a 2012 release, with Stockdale joking that to wait until 2013 “would just be wrong”.

Read the full interview here.

Comments

9 Responses to “Stockdale Hits Back at Critics in New Interview”

1. Igor on May 25th, 2012 8:49 pm

By my opinion the band should call the new album “In the Year of the Dragon”.

It would be most logical if the album comes out this year. Why it would be logical ??? Here are some examples

1. First Andrew confirmed in this interview that the song by the same name will appear on the record.

2. Second, i would really like to see a Wolfmother type of cover with Dragon motive !

3. It would really fit in with this year (if we compare to Japanese and Chinese) horoscope

4. And last thing it would be a really fresh and continuing progress with the 3rd album, cause we had the debut with 100% Earthly motive, the second Cosmic Egg was psychological space theme, and this one should be a sort of mystical, outer worldly myth (with the Dragon)

That’s my opinion, and can’t wait to see the lads on Exit Festival in Serbia

Cheers from Serbia

Igor

2. Jessica H on May 25th, 2012 9:42 pm

I can’t fucking wait!!!!!!!!!!

3. Jimmy on May 26th, 2012 12:07 pm

Sorry igor but I disagree! I think year of the dragon would be too cheesy for wolfmother as an album name.. And although I do like year of the dragon.. Despite it being an old song to me now, I much prefer the other song that’s on the net, way to go! Riff is awesomeness!

But I am definitely excited!!! But also I think 2013 is more likely at this rate or going by wm track record of 4 years between albums..

4. Igor on May 27th, 2012 12:15 am

@Jimmy

I’m glad that you politely disagreed with me. It proves that you’re an gentleman and that you respect others opinions. And thank you, it proves that if we both don’t agree on some subject related to Wolfmother, we both are very well informed about our favorite new band, and it proves that we are really big fans of them.

Yeah i know maybe the Dragon idea is a bit old and as you say cheesy and i also think that they should come up with a completely new name and logic of the album.

For me the cheesy solution would be the first idea of “Naptune’s Garden”, for me it would be just a rip off name of Cosmic Egg….

Cheers Jimmy from Serbia

5. Jimmy on June 2nd, 2012 9:05 am

Haha well you sound some what.. Sarcastic… Neptunes garden was a competition.. A competition on what YOU would name the album, not wolfmother, not a serious name ;)

And really think about it.. year of the dragon.. From a yoga move to a chinese zodiac.. What a transition.. Riffology did sound worse though..

And I don’t see them at my favourite new band, just my favourite :)

Cheers igor from da UK!

6. Plastic Zeppelin on June 3rd, 2012 4:55 pm

Cant wait for the album. It doesnt have to be that great so long as they have a subsequent US tour.

7. Bryce on June 4th, 2012 2:45 pm

Just give it a Sept 25th release date them it gives them a deadline and we can be certain we will have a new album. ive been waiting too long.

8. Liam on June 11th, 2012 6:27 pm

I call BS on this. I’m friends with a few ex-WM members, and I don’t think “a good relationship” is the words I would have described it all.

But hey ho.

9. ‘Keep Moving’ for Iron Man 3 : The Original Wolfmother Fan Site on March 30th, 2013 6:04 pm

[…] Back in May last year, it was hinted by Stockdale that the song ‘Ghetto’ could feature in the film, although the track has now been bumped and replaced with ‘Keep Moving’. The soundtrack is set to be called Heroes Fall, and will be released by Hollywood Records in partnership with Marvel Music on April 30th, just a few days before the film hits US cinemas on May 3rd. […]