New Song ‘Keep Moving’ Debuts

June 24, 2012 by

With the band back on the road as of last Friday (June 22nd), Wolfmother again have the chance to perform new material for fans ahead of the release of their third album, as yet untitled, sometime later in the year. At the first date on their European tour, at the Tivoli in Copenhagen, Denmark, the group performed a brand new song titled ‘Keep Moving’, presumed to be appearing on the upcoming follow-up to Cosmic Egg.

A fast-paced classic rock song, ‘Keep Moving’ is built on a funky guitar riff and even features the band’s first ever harmonica solo, presumably played by new member Elliott Hammond. So far the song has divided opinion among fans on our forums: member ross2 writes that “it sounds like something from a nobody rock band from the 70s”, whereas Giamast simply states “My god… IT’S AWESOME!”

What do you think? Is this the turning point for Wolfmother, or just another so-so song of the new era. Leave a comment below!

Comments

17 Responses to “New Song ‘Keep Moving’ Debuts”

1. Gunnar on June 24th, 2012 10:34 am

I think this is Wolfmother’s classic mojo & I love it. No one else could do it better

2. Malcolm on June 24th, 2012 4:35 pm

Impressively uncreative. Where’s the old Wolfmother heavy atmosphere? This is just some kind of template for a song. A bad excuse for music. Bleh.

3. Ben on June 24th, 2012 5:14 pm

Makes me think of Led Zep :p

4. chimaera on June 25th, 2012 7:00 am

I might have to listen to it a few times to make my mind up. First 10 seconds I thought it was awesome .. but I don’t know if that was just my excitement at a new song, or if it really is awesome.

5. Nickk on June 25th, 2012 6:33 pm

I dunno… maby, maby not..

6. Darthdaddy69 on June 25th, 2012 10:46 pm

Great as usual

I had tickets to see them in a small club in Raleigh NC 6 years ago but my wife went into labor and I missed the show that go round…

The next year they came back and tore up the joint and were very thankful for a packed house on a “School night”

Very gracious fella’s considering they destroyed the place…

To this day my little 6 year old daughter loves Wolfmother

So as I see it,
    I’m glad they still bring it and keep moving forward !!!

Destroy at will Fella’s

7. Gunnar on June 26th, 2012 12:50 am

That’s good your daughter listens to good music ;)

8. Jimmy on June 28th, 2012 10:56 pm

Well I’ve listened to one of their new ones called ‘ghetto’.. I think it’s far stronger and this one does remind me of cheap sunglasses… But I do absolutely love this song still!

Seriously.. You guys have a shock on the way with a few up and coming wm songs.. Look out for ‘Black Swan’.. Will not dissapoint but it’s NOTHING like any wolfmother you’ve ever heard!

9. seansright on June 29th, 2012 1:40 am

it a turning point all right! a turn for the worse! Id been hoping for a bit of luck with wolfmother but it appears their glory days ended when Ross and Heskett left the band! Don’t get me wrong, i bought “Cosmic Egg” (Shit name/album thou it was) and say them live, with the love based off of the 1st record and was hell bent on loving it no matter what! but this shit, i mean damn dude! stockdale is wasting away. it was like he was speed reading que cards rather than singing!

10. seansright on June 29th, 2012 1:50 am

Now i just heard “Long Way To Go”……..much better! not great, but much better than “Keep Moving”. I still feel like the band has no soul anymore thou1

11. Philipp on June 30th, 2012 4:34 pm

I love it!!! I saw them live last Week and this song was great!

12. Rocks Vintage on July 1st, 2012 4:43 pm

I think the song is incredible! And the current line up is just awesome.
    If you want to see(the second song is Keep Moving):

13. sonita on July 1st, 2012 8:04 pm

done. this band is done. sounds like shit. the new guitarist is useless. how about we just call this band ian and call it a day.

14. Igor on July 3rd, 2012 4:55 pm

I’m afraid, it’s nothing special.

I personally don’t think that harmonica is absolutely suitable for Wolfmother sound.

All and all i hope the rest of the album is going to be much more better, darker and heavier

15. Christella on July 5th, 2012 1:46 pm

Nothing about Wolfmother has ever been so so although I do think Andrew could lose the tash!!! Love Keep Moving, can’t wait to hear it live tomorrow night and longing to get my hands on the new album.

16. Jediroya on July 7th, 2012 9:29 pm

saw them last night at Indigo2 in London, they played this one and Long Way To Go. both seem to have a southern boogie/swamp rock influence which i really like.

the problem with Wolfmother is people keep comparing their new stuff to their earlier stuff, of course it isn’t going to compare well, that debut album was one of the seminal moments of rock history. but compare them to the dross being pumped out by the music industry these days and you’ll realise just how damn good they are.

17. Aerron on July 8th, 2012 4:34 pm

I think live performances suck in comparison to the studio versions, cause in the studio you have to do one perfect run with great acustics and the song stays perfect, but lie you will never get the perfect acustic sound and wont hit every tone. In short, i wont really decide till the Album is out!