New Drummer Tony McCall Leaves

August 6, 2013 by

It has been brought to the attention of Wolfmother.net that the Wolfmother’s new drummer Tony McCall, who joined just a few weeks ago, has left the band.

Citing “personal reasons” as the explanation for his departure, McCall becomes the latest in a lengthening list of departed Wolfmother band members, and the one with the shortest tenure in the group’s history.

McCall was brought in following the departure of Hamish Rosser and fill-in sticksman Elliott Hammond. Previous Wolfmother drummers include Will Rockwell-Scott, Dave Atkins, and founding member Myles Heskett.

We will keep you updated with any developments!

Comments

10 Responses to “New Drummer Tony McCall Leaves”

1. Anonymous on August 6th, 2013 5:03 pm

it ain’t even a mystery anymore. despite being an excellent music maker Andrew stockdale is officially a tyrant. how does Ian do it? stay tuned for more adventures from the troubled rock man and the real star he keeps under his wing. oh and Vin he’s coming for you.

2. AlternativeNation.net | WOLFMOTHER DRUMMER QUITS ONLY A FEW WEEKS AFTER JOINING BAND on August 8th, 2013 7:05 am

[…] drummer Tony McCall was quit the band for “personal reasons” according to Wolfmother.net. McCall’s first performance with the band was on July 15th in Los Angeles at the Troubadour, […]

3. Wolfmother: Novo baterista deixa a banda após duas semanas - TMDQA! on August 8th, 2013 2:00 pm

[…] do Wolfmother não parece ser tarefa muito fácil. Na última terça-feira (6), o fã site do grupo anunciou que Tony McCall abandonou o cargo aproximadamente duas semanas após assumir. O músico é o quinto […]

4. Randy on August 9th, 2013 11:42 am

Definitely need to find a drummer who is going to stick. Too much turnover is not good for the band.

5. Anonymous on August 11th, 2013 8:50 pm

Hahaha. ‘A drummer who is going to stick’.

Sorry.

6. Jay on August 14th, 2013 6:41 pm

I’ve had it with Stockdale. I love his music, but the guy is obviously a complete jerk to work with; reminds me of Mustaine. I’m in Canada and have been waiting to see them again, but now I’m not going. Stockdale can’t keep a band together, let alone do a tour! LMFAO Whatever happened to you totally sucks for your fans Andrew. But you sir, are obviously impossible to work with. You are inflexible, an individual (non-team member) self-centered, immature (bar fight with a beatles tribute band?!) and the list goes on. The only maturity I’ve seen is the fact that none of your ex band members have spoken publically with the truth……that you’re an ARSEHOLE lol.

7. signature loans for people with bad credit on November 26th, 2013 4:11 am

I’m really enjoying the design and layout of your
    blog. It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant for me to come here and visit more often.
    Did you hire out a developer to create your theme? Outstanding work!

8. Find Cash Advance Las Vegas on June 10th, 2014 5:29 pm

Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It actually was a
    leisure account it. Look advanced to far introduced agreeable from
    you! By the way, how could we keep in touch?

9. bomberman games on June 26th, 2014 9:49 am

Heya i am for the first time here. I found this board and I find It truly useful & it helped me out much.

I hope to give something back and help others like you helped me.

10. L Healy on May 16th, 2019 5:42 pm

Went to the LA concert last night and WM played for 30 MINUTES. WTF
    Did you little boyz have an 11 pm curfew imposed by Mommy? Or could you not handle the LA drug scene?
    Either way, you lost THOUSANDS of fans last night.